b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/> Brad Cohen's Front of the Class: How Tourette Syndrome Made Me The Teacher I Never Had: Dominic Scott Kay plays the young Brad Cohen in Front of the Class

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dominic Scott Kay plays the young Brad Cohen in Front of the Class




It is an honor to introduce to you Dominic Scott Kay. This 12 year old kid is amazing. It didn't take long for the two of us to bond. He has an impressive resume playing Tom Cruise as a child in Minority Report, he was the voice of Wilbur in Charlotte's Web which also starred Dakota Fanning, he was recently in Snow Buddies and was also in the Kevin Bacon film Loverboy. Not only does he act, but he is a writer and director and plays in a band.


Dominic does an amazing job for playing me as a 12 year old boy during a difficult time in my life. He too has my tics down pat. He has worked hard at perfecting the tics to be just right. Dominic is a hit on the set as everyone enjoys being around him. I know it must be tough acting for several hours then having to go into a classroom and learn academics. But Dominic doesn't have a hard time juggling.


I told Dominic if he truly wanted to know what it was like to be Brad Cohen, then he needed to eat at Moe's! Moe's Southwest Grill is one of my favorite restaurants (I only eat there 1 or 2 times a week usually getting the same Joey Bag of Donuts!) Dominic said he loved burritos and he wasn't kidding. He got a huge burrito and scarfed it down in 4 minutes. I finished at least 10 minutes after him. When people walk into Moe's the people working there scream out "Welcome to Moe's!!!!!" I told Dominic we needed to just scream it out even though nobody was coming in. Once we screamed out "Welcome to Moe's" all the people working there began screaming out "Welcome to Moe's" also. He is now official!
I know you will all love watching him in this movie.......Dominic will be a hit! Nancy and I have enjoyed getting to know Dominic and his family. They are all great. Cheers