b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/> Brad Cohen's Front of the Class: How Tourette Syndrome Made Me The Teacher I Never Had: It's Time to Speak to the Speech Teachers

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's Time to Speak to the Speech Teachers

I had a chance to speak to the Cobb County speech teachers as they invited me to be a guest speaker at their In-Service. I had a chance to share my story and remind the teachers that although they are not a regular education classroom teacher, they are still making a difference in the lives of those special children. Many kids with disabilities just want to be like everyone else. When they struggle in the big classroom, they look for success and positive situations in different areas. That is when a speech teacher can step up and make a world of difference for that child. Overall, let that child feel special! Cheers