b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/> Brad Cohen's Front of the Class: How Tourette Syndrome Made Me The Teacher I Never Had: ACLD-Adults and Children with Learning and Developmental Disabilities

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

ACLD-Adults and Children with Learning and Developmental Disabilities

I headed to New York to be the keynote speaker at the 2006 Employment Recognition Breakfast for the ACLD. This breakfast presentation was focusing on giving people a chance despite their disabilities. There are thousands of people in our cities who want to be like everyone else and have a job. I remember how I felt when I first started teaching. I also recall how much pain I went through just to get that job. Employers gathered to both recognize the efforts of their employees and also remind people to take a risk and hire some people just because it is the right thing to do. There are so many different types of jobs out there that in many cases there is a job for everyone. Sorry, no pictures came out:( Cheers