b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/> Brad Cohen's Front of the Class: How Tourette Syndrome Made Me The Teacher I Never Had: Purdue University

Friday, February 24, 2006

Purdue University

On Friday, February 17th I had a chance to speak for the Education Department at Purdue University. With over 100 people in attendance I gave a presentation on "Overcoming Challenges and Winning the Game of Life." I spoke to educators, parents, children, and people with TS showing them that despite how tough life may get, they can still overcome their disability.

I had one of the best Question and Answer sessions where the people were honest and the kids wanted to be heard.

Thanks to Dr. Hynd and the Purdue faculty for all the support. It was also an honor to meet Sheila Klinker, a State of Indiana House of Representative!

After a quick bite to eat at the John Purdue Restaurant, I headed to Chicago for my next event(That would be 4 presentations in 24 hours!)
Cheers