b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/> Brad Cohen's Front of the Class: How Tourette Syndrome Made Me The Teacher I Never Had: Georgia Counselor's Conference in Augusta, GA

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Georgia Counselor's Conference in Augusta, GA

What a great opportunity I had to speak at the Counselor's Conference on November 17th. Counselors from across the state of Georgia visited Augusta to learn more and bring back ideas to their schools. I presented on Tourette Syndrome and shared my motivational story with the group.

It is important for counselors in schools to know that they make a huge difference in the lives of children and teachers. I wanted to share with them that they can make a difference. I shared my story of what life was like for me growing up as a "different" student in the school. I wanted to motivate them and remind them that all it takes is for one person to make a difference in the life of a child. I made sure they had good knowledge of Tourette's and other associated issues that go along with TS.